Covid-19 Response: Telehealth
We believe it is our duty to provide services to patients who would either regress or have further detriment without access to physical therapy services. The CDC outlines goals and strategies for all U.S. healthcare facilities in preparation and response to COVID-19. We will continue to provide care and take all necessary precautions to keep our patients and staff safe while preserving healthcare system functioning.
In response to COVID-19, we are taking the following measures:
- Our pool is chlorinated and routinely monitored by the Public Health -Department. Pools properly maintained with chlorine and bromine remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19, as stated by the CDC.
- We have reduced patient size to no more than 3 patients in the land room, we are only seeing a maximum of 2 patients in the pool room, and maintaining 6 ft social distancing guidelines.
- We have asked all patients waiting for treatment to wait in the building lobby to limit the occupancy in our clinic for patients receiving treatment.
- All therapists have N95 masks and gloves to wear during treatment.
- We are keeping all sick personnel at home.
- We are pre-screening all patients prior to treatment. We are asking patients to reschedule appointments if they are feeling ill or have recently traveled to one of the highly impacted areas.
- Our normal policy is to wipe down and sanitize all equipment and tables after use. Additionally, we have added thorough cleaning of the clinic space in between visits and during visits.
- Our normal policy is that our staff washes their hands between each patient interaction.
- We are doing weekly wellness checks for patients quarantined at home. We offer
- Telehealth/E-Visits for patients who are unable to come into the clinic.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask while in our land room.
“In mid-March and April, I had to cancel my in-office appointments due to the Covid19 Virus. To my surprise, they offered Telehealth online zoom visits and I was able to continue with my therapy. Larry, my Therapist through Telehealth calls was great and thorough with all my visits. He helped me to strengthen my back through a variety of core exercises. I highly recommend H2 Orthopedic Aquatic Therapy for anyone needing Physical Therapy!”
At Home Physical Therapy with Teletherapy
H2Orthopedic Physical Therapy now provides a HIPAA compliant telemedicine platform for their patients. We are open for business at each location, as well as offering services at a distance and through video telecommunications in the comfort of the patient’s home. Stay safe and healthy and continue your PT treatment at home with Teletherapy.
- No transportation time or costs
- No need to take time off of work
- Eliminate child or elder care issues
- On-demand options
- Access to Specialists
- Less Chance of Catching a New Illness
- Less Time in the Waiting Room
- Better Health